Sunday, December 14, 2008

Walking in a Winter Wonderland


Okay, what else would you call a blog about the snow? Just be happy I didn't post me singing it. Don't worry, your sound card would have stopped working before you had to hear it. So, on to my thoughts, however brief, about snow as an adult...


The Adult in me says, "I have to drive. I hate snow." "It's cold and dangerous, I hate snow." "Best prepare for the worst, buy fuel for cooking (outside) and fill the truck with warm clothes and food. I hate snow."



The kid in me smiles and yells, "SNOW!!" "Woohoo!"



Okay, I just got back from walking the dog across the wild, windy tundra. Yak were migrating past the little church down the street. Neighbors were hunting caribou. I was toasty warm, in five layers of clothes and a ski-balaclava on my head. BUT, my eyes are frozen open. I've changed my mind. I'm adding "ski goggles" to my Christmas list.


Wait, I can almost blink.